Here is my translation of the recipe:
It is rated as an economical entrée of moderate difficulty, serving 4 people and taking 15 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook.
4 slices of white bread
8 slices of streaky bacon
500ml red wine
2 tbsp white vinegar
- Bring the wine to a boil in a saucepan and reduce it by half.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and shallots.
- Add them to the saucepan, then reduce the wine by half again.
- Whisk in the cold butter thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Strain and keep warm.
- Grill the bacon and keep warm.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a strong simmer and add the vinegar.
- Poach the eggs.
- Drain them on kitchen paper.
- Put an egg on each slice of bread, share out the bacon and nap the dish generously with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with a few snipped chives and serve.