Saturday 2 May 2009

Glimpses 6

This cat has been a permanent fixture of this window ledge (or sometimes the next window ledge along) ever since we have been going to Preuilly.

Simon


Note from Susan: Les Amis des Chats, who operate a trap, neuter and return programme for stray cats in south west France would be delighted if you checked out their website to learn about their work. They also visit schools and educate pupils about responsible cat ownership. Don't hesitate to get in touch with them or me if you can help in any way.

Also my jazz guitarist statistician friend Peter is cycling from London to Paris today to raise money for a children's hospital. He has promised to send photos, so I will post them when they come.

3 comments:

NickL said...

Hmmmm. I must watch out for the Amis des Chats....wouldn't want to end up in a dark alley with them!

I hope Peter has plenty of horse linament for is no doubt very sore bum. Where's his sponsorship form?

wcs said...

How many strings does Peter strum during the course of a tune, on average, do you think? And does he play a mean riff when he's in jazz mode?

Don't mind me, I'm just a standard deviant.

Susan said...

Nick: Whether you are at any risk from Les Amis depends how feral you are.

Seriously, they are a most interesting group, with a pragmatic approach to a sad problem. The most well known TNR scheme is at the Colosseum in Rome.

Peter being Peter, he only told me at the pub quiz on Wednesday that he was involved in a charity cycling event, and has not given me a link to his sponsorship form. I expect it will arrive with the photos, and hopefully not to late for people to donate if they wish.

He's an experienced cyclist, so his bum won't suffer too badly I think.

Walt: Peter will love your comment. If there is a word play to be made, Peter will spot it and usually email it to his mates.

Post a Comment