Thursday 25 May 2017

Steve is Dead


Unfortunately our Siberian Iris, Steve, didn't make it through the winter. I don't know what the problem was. He'd been transplanted into a nice new blue ceramic pot that matched his petals beautifully, but obviously he just wasn't happy. I suspect it was lack of water, and therefore our fault.

A Pseudo-Steve Siberian Iris in the back garden.

So it's up to the Pseuds out the back to keep the flags flying. Which they are doing admirably at the moment.

Another one.

The above photos were taken on 22 May by me with my old Fuji. The photo below was taken yesterday by Simon with the Pentax that Tim gave us.


3 comments:

chm said...

Sorry to hear about Steve passing. I remember its beautiful flowers that you posted.
The pseudos aren't bad either : le roi est mort, vive le roi!

Susan said...

The pseuds are lovely and very reliable.

Loire Daily Photo said...

I'm sorry about Steve. I love the Fuji photo. The petals almost look transparent.

Post a Comment