Monday 10 August 2015

Not So Enticing Korean Food

I wrote that there are some Korean foods I loved, but this is the other side of the coin: either foods I couldn't contemplate, or foods I just wasn't tempted enough by.

OK, so Sweet Buns (more a compliment than a foodstuff, I would have thought) don't sound too weird, but as even ordinary Korean bread was too sweet for my tastes, I just can't imagine how sweet Sweet Buns are.

Mmmmmmmmmm..... Health Porridge. Not really tempting, even if it has Nutrition Taster's Porridge on offer.

It's those grey items on the right hand end of the stall that put me off: have you ever contemplated what silk makers do after they have boiled the silk off the cocoons??

1 comment:

Le Pré de la Forge said...

"Sweet Buns"... in hot pants?
It doesn't really conjour up anything else.....
Porridge... I like porridge... I'd give it a try on the basis of "try anything that isn't deadly at least once"...
and wouldn't the silkworms be just like very small witchetty grubs...
they are both moth larvae!
You just need to brown them off and crisp them up a bit on his plancha....
serve them up with a green curry sauce...
you'd soon forget what they started out as....
you eat andouilette, don't you?

Post a Comment