Saturday 26 October 2013

Bottle Tree

This is a mature Bottle Tree Brachychiton rupestris, a street tree in the outback town of Dirranbandi, Queensland. The tree is native to Queensland and is much prized as a cultivated plant now because it is very tough and has such a distinctive form.
***************************************************
A la cuisine hier: Curried Carrot Soup -- zingily spicy, but (ahem) don't forget to remove the bay leaf before whizzing.
*************************************************
Quiz Answer: No one even made an attempt at guessing where the carvings on Thursday's quiz were, so I have posted the answer at the bottom of the post for those who are interested.

3 comments:

Tim said...

OK... no one else has written it...
so I might as well!
Can't see the bottles... it wasn't in fruit then?!

MargaretP said...

An old Aboriginal story :- Bottle tree was the most beautiful tree in the land, he would brag all the time, "I cast the best shade, I have the sweetest perfume,I have the prettiest leaves", on and on and on. The other trees and creatures asked the Nature spirit to have a talk, "Bottle tree, if you don't stop bragging, I will turn you upside down and you will grow that way forever."

Susan said...

Margaret: Good story. I can just hear some old Aboriginal guy telling it to the kids.

Post a Comment