Friday 20 July 2012

An Annual Photographic Challenge

As you know, if there is an attractive insect around, Simon and I will usually try to photograph it. One of the most challenging subjects at this time of year is the Broad Bordered Bee Hawkmoth Hemaris fuciformis (called le Sphinx gazé in French). Between us we got some nice shots of it feeding on lavender at the Prieuré d'Orsan last year, and I got this single lucky shot (below) while doing my July 2011 butterfly survey in the Parc de Boussay.

Susan

5 comments:

Pollygarter said...

That's a lovely shot!

Ken Broadhurst said...

Very nice indeed.

Susan said...

Thanks PG & Ken. For a one shot hand held I'm pretty happy with it. (Mostly luck of course...)

About Paris said...

This is a great skill - wish I could achieve these shots! Like the 'Scottish-esk' thistle

Susan said...

J&P: Thanks. It's a knapweed, btw, so the Scot's cousin.

Post a Comment