Numéro 16, Place des Halles, Preuilly sur Claise is currently a bank, but in 1920 it was Boucherie Gaultier (Gaultier's Butchery).
According to Roger Lezeau, on summer afternoons Madame Gaultier senior used to come out to sit in an arm-chair on the pavement to digest her lunch, shoulders covered by a shawl (fichu).
(Roger Lezeau's anecdote translated from his article in Les Cahiers de la Poterne, No34. Monsieur Lezeau was born in 1912 and is a great source of knowledge about the history of Preuilly.)
Post a Comment