Thursday 20 December 2018

The New Dentist in Preuilly

Dr Zaharia's surgery.

The other day I visited the dentist. My teeth, thankfully, are excellent, so I only bother to make an appointment every couple of years for a checkup and a polish.

 Nobody in the waiting room at 9am.

We have a new young dentist in Preuilly after our previous dentists, a married couple, retired last year. The new dentist is Dr Zaharia and he tells me that he is Romanian but has lived in France for twelve and a half years. Everyone I've mentioned him to has been very positive about his professionalism and skills, so that is good. I thought he seemed a nice guy and he certainly seemed competent and caring.

I was amused to see a memento of Dr Renaudie, a Harley enthusiast, in the magazine rack.

His surgery is in the old postal sorting office, easy walking distance from our place -- something that was important to me. Simon goes to Dr Beye in La Roche Posay, and I could have chosen to go there too, but thought it was better to have a dentist I could walk to.

4 comments:

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Always handy when your getting older being able to walk there!! and good exersise!!

Le Pré de la Forge said...

My dentist is a bit far for that [Liguel]...
but she is also Romanian... and exceptionally thorough!!

chm said...

In my later years, when I lived part time in Southern California, my wonderful dentist was in Mexico, 60 miles (100 km) away! He was so good and so much cheaper than dentists in the U.S. that he had American people coming from much, much further than me! Glad you have one in walking distance.

Susan said...

I agree. It's important to be independent.

Post a Comment