Saturday 1 November 2014

Spinifex

The grass in this picture is Spinifex Triodia sp. The tips of the leaves are like cactus spines and you really don't want to have to walk through a patch. It is a plant of the arid interior of Australia and is endemic to this area.
*****************************************
A la cuisine hier: A chickpea based dip that wasn't hummus. I kind of followed this recipe and added onion (aka nigella) seeds.

Roasted crumbed pork fillet with mustard cream sauce. I marinated the pork in a 2:1 mixture of yoghurt:milk because I didn't have any buttermilk. It was really, really good.

4 comments:

Tim said...

There is really very little difference between yoghurt milk, lait fermentée and buttermilk...
and they all work the same in cooking.
LIDL do a lait fermentée in a litre bottle...
very convenient and it keeps!
Also, La Borde milk that's gorn past its drinkable state works wondrously!

Susan said...

Tim: I sometimes buy lait ribot, which is the same thing.

the fly in the web said...

That looks a good hummus recipe. I might try it with mustard leaves as I don't have kale.

Susan said...

Fly: I used spinach.

Post a Comment