Friday 6 April 2012

Outblinged

Hoooray! Normal service has resumed, with Célestine making her weekly visits to Chenonceau. Normally (with one or two - or three - exceptions) we are the most stylish people in the car park.

A Célestine, in her natural environment
On Wednesday we mave have been out-blinged.
What impressed our clients is that I identified this car as a Delahaye as I was driving past the car park I don't park in. What won't impress the owner of this car is when he tries to remove a billion sticky handprints from the people off the coaches it was parked near - which is why I don't park there any more.

It's a 1948 Delahaye 135SM with bodywork by Guilloré. And it's nice...

Simon

3 comments:

Tim said...

Isn't it wonderful that older cars are so recognizable... I was scrolling down and Delahaye was the first make that came to mind when I saw the first photo... and when I got to the caption... it was!! Lovely car... there are few you could recognize so easily today apart from the Multimygodsitisuglypla and the original Twingo... the latter will end up with an 'owners group'... I can't see the Multipla gaining such recognition tho'.

Simon said...

Tim - it's a bit of a crap shoot with these. It could have been a Talbot, Delage, or even a Hispano Suiza. I would have been happy with any of them!

it's the first Delahaye I have seen in the wild.

Diane said...

Good to hear that Célestine is back on the road again. A great piece of identification. Happy Easter, Diane

Post a Comment