Homemade jelly and sparkling Gaudrelle rosé.Ingredients:
8 leaves of gelatine, soaked in 2 tbsp cold water
1 cup sugar
1½ cups hot water
½ good red fruit based cordial/syrup/squash (Pulco is my choice in France)
100g strawberries or other fresh fruit
1 tsp lemon juice
1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- Mix the gelatine, sugar and hot water together until everything is dissolved.
- Add the cordial, lemon juice and 1 cup of the sparkling wine.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour until gelling has commenced.
- Stir in the strawberries and spoon into glasses. Leave to chill until set.
- Drink the rest of the sparkling wine with smoked salmon for apéro.