Ingredients for 'peasant tart'.Ingredients:
1 packet of ready rolled pizza dough
1 courgette (zucchini)
100-150g poitrine fumée en tranches fines (wafer thin rashers of bacon)
250ml béchamel sauce
50g grated cheese
1 tbsp oil
Pinch herbes de Provence*
Salt & pepper
- Cut the carrots in half lengthways and slice into half rounds.
- Cut the zucchini into matchsticks.
- Thinly slice the leeks.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the vegetables for 15 minutes, seasoning them with the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper, and stirring often.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Lay the pizza dough on a lined oven tray.
- Make folded foil supports for the edges of the dough and gently raise the sides so that the filling won't run out. It doesn't need to be as high as a flan.
- Spread the vegetables over the dough.
- Dollop on the béchamel so it is evenly distributed.
- Cover with the bacon rashers.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and put under the grill for 5 minutes.
The dough, with raised edges supported by foil.
Covered in fines tranches de lard and ready to go into the oven.
Ready to eat.*Many thanks to Françoise for giving us a jar of her parents' home made herbes de Provence.