In 1920 the building on Place des Halles in Preuilly sur Claise that is currently the Veterinary Clinic was an ironmongery.
According to Roger Lezeau, the ironmonger Doucet, with the mechanics' workshop off rue des douves (one street behind the market place) wanted to be a man of importance. His crewcut hair contributed to his fine presence.
(Roger Lezeau's comment translated from his article in Les Cahiers de la Poterne, No34. Monsieur Lezeau was born in 1912 and is a great source of knowledge about the history of Preuilly.)