Four graves in the forest.We wrote about the annual memorial service last year. It's the anniversary of the events again, and as our next door neighbour's gardener said to me, la guerre n'a pas dit au revoir.
Gathering in the forest.So I thought it was a good moment to show some more photos.
The standards of the local returned services leagues.
The roadside memorial.
- Lebanese Chicken - check.
- Dolmades - check.
- Spanakopita - filling made.
- Tzatziki - check.
- Zucchini Caviar - check.
- Baba Ganoush - check.
- Hummous - Bill is making his special version and bringing crudités.
- Lettuce - Tim is bringing some of his superb homegrown.
- Tomatoes - a selection of cherry types from the supermarket.
- Melon - from the market, guaranteed ripe for today by the stallholder.
- Flat breads - Simon is planning to make them today.
- Rhubarb and Cinnamon Cake - Antoinette is baking one to our friend Helen's recipe.
- Almond based cake - Elizabeth is baking something suitable for coeliacs.