Friday 29 October 2010

A Double Mystery

We mentioned many years ago (January 2007) that we had bought a book of old photos of Preuilly sur Claise.

One of the photos has had me intruiged ever since we bought the book, but the other day it finally clicked: I knew where the old carriage works (carrossier) was.

It's this building on Rue du Faubourg St Nicolas:

The strange thing is that this building has already been part of another mystery: it's also the old Eglise St Nicolas I spent quite a long time trying to find a couple of years ago.

Simon

5 comments:

Jean said...

It's hardly changed at all !

Simon said...

Jean - I think it is because once I had realised the building had a previous life as a church, I didn't look at it with my "looking for old factory" eyes

Leon Sims said...

Simon the Sleuth!!!!

Simon said...

It's the Maigret in me, naturellement

Diane said...

I would never have recognised it!!! Diane

Post a Comment