Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Garden Works are Finished

We have finished our temporary garden fence and retaining walls.

When I was planning for them I used Google SketchUp to plot where things would go so I would have an idea of what it would look like. I am not sure if most congratulations should go to myself for my planning, or Alex for the execution.Compared to what the garden looked like when we bought the house, we are very pleased with the results, whoever is to blame! All we need now is for the lawn to grow (and the onset of summer) then it's Pimm's all round.

The Garden in May 2006


Simon
____________________________________________

You may have noticed that the Google search page has changed once again. Yet another company who has decided that we all have the attention span of a 2 year old. There is a way you can disable this, but only if you're using Firefox as your browser. First you need to install an add-on called greasemonkey. Then visit this page and click the install button. Magically, the fade in effect will go away, and your local search buttons will appear.

9 comments:

Jean said...

An amazing transformation. Congratulations to all. I bet your neighbours are pleased, too. It improves their surroundings as well.

Ken Broadhurst said...

Great work on the garden. It feels good to make progress that way, I'm sure.

I guess I don't know what "local search" buttons are on the Google page. I use bookmarks, or I search. The fade-in effect doesn't bother me.

Abbé Henri Proust said...

Well done, Simon!

Simon said...

Thanks one and all. We're pleased

Ken - the local search button only happens if you use a google site other than .com - Google.fr and google.co.uk allow you to taylor your results to only those from the country concerned - allegedly. Google.fr allows you to search only for sites in French, as well

The Beaver said...

Bravo !! A job well-done . Looks great Simon :-)

chm said...

The before looked really romantic, but the after looks great!

Ken Broadhurst said...

Simon, I see what you mean. Yes, when you go to google.fr, you see options to search the entire web, only Francophone pages, or only French pages. I do use that.

Anonymous said...

fabulous! what was the gigantic bush???

chm said...

PJ, It seems to me the gigantic bush was an elder. They are very common in France.

Post a Comment