Friday, 29 October 2010

A Double Mystery

We mentioned many years ago (January 2007) that we had bought a book of old photos of Preuilly sur Claise.

One of the photos has had me intruiged ever since we bought the book, but the other day it finally clicked: I knew where the old carriage works (carrossier) was.

It's this building on Rue du Faubourg St Nicolas:

The strange thing is that this building has already been part of another mystery: it's also the old Eglise St Nicolas I spent quite a long time trying to find a couple of years ago.

Simon

5 comments:

Jean said...

It's hardly changed at all !

Simon said...

Jean - I think it is because once I had realised the building had a previous life as a church, I didn't look at it with my "looking for old factory" eyes

Leon and Sue Sims said...

Simon the Sleuth!!!!

Simon said...

It's the Maigret in me, naturellement

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I would never have recognised it!!! Diane