Monday 21 July 2008

We've had a Letter

We've had a very nice letter from Roger Lezeau. Monsieur Lezeau was born in 1912, so he is now 96 years old and lives in a retirement home.


Translated into English his letter says:

'I understand that you are the owners of the old grain merchant's Poupineau Bardon.

This has a whole history that is generally ignored, but which I have had the happiness to discover with near certainty.

I would be happy to make contact with you and talk about this with you.

I have written, and am waiting to be printed, a booklet on the subject that I could lend to you long enough for you to take a photocopy.

I saw Bernard de la Motte yesterday. In any event, I would be happy to make your acquaintance.

I am available every morning between 8.30 and 11.00 o'clock maximum, in room No xx

A telephone call would be good, in order to make a suitable time.

Very sincerely and see you soon perhaps.'

Naturally, I have written back to him to let him know when we will next both be in town together and to that say I will telephone him for an appointment closer to that time. I can't wait to see what he reveals about our house!

Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear what Monsieur Lezeau had to say about your house.
Translation excellent, as usual.

Anonymous said...

oh, that's so exciting. tell him that i, in washington, d.c., send him my regards and look forward to his next book.

Post a Comment