Nothing remains of the original 17th century Chateau de Prézault at Parçay sur Vienne except a couple of towers and some buildings which are now the stables. The estate was seized and sold to the highest bidder during the Revolution. By 1829 it was in the hands of the Vautibault family, who still own it today. The current building was constructed in 1860-65 of brick and dressed stone, with a slate roof.
In the basement are the kitchens, then two storeys and an attic space, connected by a wooden spiral staircase. The small structure on the roadside is a gatehouse.
When we passed in October the chateau was clearly undergoing some major renovations.
We are also on Instagram, so check us out to see a regularly updated selection of our very best photos.