Monday 27 February 2017

Interesting



The top right hand (or for those less geographically gifted, the north-eastern) corner of the Paris tramline T3b gets quite interesting. Although the area isn't the most picturesque (it strays outside the Périphérique for a while, and then along the edge of a big redevelopment zone), the names of the tram stops are a pleasant surprise.



I was a little saddened to see there isn't a bus interchange (I was hoping for extra irony in the photo), but there is a swimming pool near Colette Besson, a cinema at Delphine Seyrig, and a concert hall near Ella Fitzgerald.

Which is nice.

3 comments:

Ken Broadhurst said...

I don't know who Colette Besson is. Luc's sister? I'm sure most non-French people have never heard of Delphine Seyrig, but I do know her. The names are interesting, even though most of them are Portes.

chm said...

I wonder how many French people know who Rosa Parks was. Personally, I had to google Colette Besson, since I didn't have the slightest idea who she was.

It seems only Rosa Parks was connected to public transportation, unless Delphine Seyrig incarnated Blanche in a remake of Un tramway nommé Désir!

Simon said...

Rosa Parks was the name (and history) I knew, likewise Ella. The other two are part of my education process, assuming I can remember them.

Post a Comment