Saturday 11 February 2017

Les Jardins de l'Abbaye



In early February I had a meeting at the Chambre des Metiers et des Artisans. They are based in Tours, but have offices in Beaulieu-lès-Loches, which is much more convenient for someone in Preuilly like me. The CMA share a new purpose built premises with a variety of government agencies all working in the employment or enterprise development sector. The facility is kind of a one stop shop if you are job seeking, want to start a business or expand your business and want advice or funding. It is situated the former gardens of the abbey.


I wanted some advice about an idea I've had to branch out a bit and increase our income. I was very favourably impressed with how switched on the consellors I met were and the way they immediately understood what I wanted to do and even chipped in with some practical suggestions that I hadn't thought of. At the end of a one hour meeting we had created a step by step plan and I had a clear idea of how to take the idea forward.

La Maison de l'Emploi et des Entreprises (Employment and Business Advice Centre).

Despite the warning we had when we first started our business that we should have as little to do with the CMA as possible because they would obstruct and complicate things if given the opportunity, based on my recent visit I would happily recommend you talk to your local CMA team if you have a business idea. Many thanks to Sophie and Christine at the CMA for their sensible, friendly advice and positive feedback.

2 comments:

chm said...

Whatever your idea, plan, endeavour are, I wish you the best of luck.

Susan said...

Thank you.

Post a Comment