Thursday 13 July 2017

Floral Extravagance


As most readers probably know, the chateau of Chenonceau has huge and magnificent floral arrangements in every room. It is one of their USPs. No other chateau wants the expense or dares take such a curatorial risk (flowers stain, vases get knocked over...) I rarely photograph the arrangements, mainly because I am concentrating on my clients when I see them, but also because in museum level light with no flash allowed they are impossible to photograph well with a point and shoot. This arrangement, which particularly appealed to me, was photographed on a very hot day when all the windows were open, so although it's not sharp by any means, you get the idea. I am always amused when they use duckweed to float orchids in.

No comments:

Post a Comment