Thursday 18 May 2023

Windy!

We've written about the rain we experienced this month, but what we haven't mentioned is how windy it has been.

There have been a couple of days with steady winds of 30-40 km/h with gusts up to 80km/h. They have (luckily) mainly been days where we haven't been driving Claudette. Although they're a fair sized car and not particularly tall, Traction Avants have wings that really catch the wind, and you can find yourself suddenly moving in directions you hadn't planned on.

Yesterday was breezy, but Tim B messaged me asking if I wanted to ride out for a coffee. I like riding with Tim, so naturally I said yes - even though the wind was blowing a steady 20km/h and gusting up to 40km/h. This wasn't so much of a problem riding to la Roche Posay, but the journey back via Lésigny seemed to be mainly with the wind in our faces.




I've never had to pedal riding downhill before, but it felt necessary in a couple of places. Luckily The Vicar had plenty of electricity, so even though uphill into the wind felt almost vertical, I never actually stopped. In all I'm happy with what I achieved, but saddle sore. Tomorrow I might do a less ambitious ride.


The photo is one Tim took. Coffee arrived soon after.

2 comments:

Le Pré de la Forge said...

And today is another stiff breeze day....
it makes working outside quite difficult, because it is a cold wind!

chm said...

Where did you get your coffee? La-Roche-Pozay? Lésigny? Training for Tour de France?

Post a Comment