Thursday 27 February 2020

A New Camera

We have a new camera. For about 4 years now my camera has had a problem with its on/off switch, and has been turning itself off just as I am ready to take a photo. This has produced mutterings and resulted in any number of missed photo opportunities.

Last month we succumbed to temptation and bought a new camera. It's the cheapest new camera we could find that just abour fulfills all requirements. It doesn't have a viewfinder, and it's low light photos are a bit dodgy, but we bought it half price at the soldes at E.Leclerc and it fits in my pocket. I didn't want a camera that hangs around the neck because I am finding that carrying a heavy camera gives me neckache.




When were are out and taking photos I will still be carrying the infuriating Fuji, but now (in theory) we will always have a small camera in our pockets to capture those moments that until now have escaped us.

3 comments:

Le Pré de la Forge said...

It may sound daft.... but it sounds like your infuriating Fuji has got it's proverbials in a twist.
It would mean losing any settings you may have but I would recommend doing a factory reset from the maintenance menu.....
BUT FIRST....
go to the point in your menu that you select a time when the screen and the camera goes into power save....
and the point in the menu that the camera turns off.... [you may only have one bit that does both]...
and alter those a few times....
that might clear the problem without a factory reset.

Le Pré de la Forge said...

Also, which Lumix is it??
What's the mise au point?
How long is the telephoto....

chm said...

I have had a Lumix for years and was very happy with it because it took very good photos, at least to my liking. I don't use it any more for two reasons. The first one is the sensor went bad, and the second, because of age and ostroarthriitis of the back, I can't straighten enough to shoot a worthy photo! C'est la vie!

Post a Comment