Saturday 16 March 2024

Tiling

After my exertions on Tuesday doing the pierres apparentes, Wednesday was back to cutting tiles. I had finally got my head around how to do corners, so I set myself up in the garden and got grinding. It was a lovely day - t-shirt weather - so I organised myself a chair, and set to.


I was a lot quicker than on Monday but it came at a price. By lunchtime I had almost finished the the tiles, and the tiles had almost finished me. My arm was in absolute agony, caused due to spending two days holding a heavy grinder, and one day doing masonry. My wrist wouldn't rotate, and my forearm was constant pain.(Anyone who has had shin splints will know the feeling. Yes, forearm splints is a thing).

I knew I wouldn't be able to get the tiles laid that afternoon, but we had a deadline to meet. Once again, the value of friends was demonstrated. Susan phoned Huub, and he swung into action.


A couple of hours later it was done. Huub claims not to have done tiling before, but honestly you would never know. A bit of finishing and the job looks spot on.


Don't let the bright red strip worry you. That's an undercoat colour.

1 comment:

Le Pré de la Forge said...

I think one could describe Huub as "adaptable"!! Love those tiles!!

Post a Comment