Tuesday 5 March 2024

A Quiet Change

I assume some sort of announcement must have been made, but I missed it. I understand why the change has been made, but I'm surprised there's been no great fanfare about it, because it's one of the causes celebre of recent times.


Bottle tops no longer come all the way off the bottle. They unscrew, then flip. It's to reduced the number of small plastics causing pollution. Milk, water, Coca Cola, all with the twist and flip lids. Then when they're empty they all go into the yellow recycling bag.


It may only be a little thing, but at least a start has been made.

1 comment:

JGB said...

I don't think I get this. Is this on plastic bottles only? I haven't seen any, yet, but then, I don't have many plastic bottle items in my cupboard! If it is also on glass ones, there's a problem, since the tops have to be removed before being put in the bottle bank. And some things, like sauces, with flip tops, are impossible to get off already!
Mind you, totally agree that there is far too much single use plastic waste. Far too much packaging all-round. My biggest beef is with the onus to cut down / recycle etc. on the consumer and not on the manufacturer.

Post a Comment