Tuesday 12 March 2024

Cleaning Tiles

I spent most of yesterday cleaning tiles, ready to reinstate the ceramic plinth in the salon. I had to remove between 8mm and 15mm of hard cement from a soft cement tile. This I achieved by using a grinder with a diamond cutting wheel and cutting the old cement glue off.

It was raining when we arrived at the house, and as cutting cement is a dirty, dusty job I set up a temporary shelter in the back garden. A bit of rope, and old tarpaulin, and I was ready to set up my equipment and start cutting.



It went better than I feared, the only real problem being cutting tiles to match the spacing of the floor tiles. Doing it with the grinder is a bit hit and miss, but I got one done. It looks quite good - certainly better than the rather haphazard job that was done previously.



I have yet to work out how to get around corners. If I had the right tool for the job it would be pretty straightforward, but I'm not that well equipped.

Today I am learning to do pierre apparent on the salon walls. I hope my back lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment