The Manor of La Chetallière is an ancient fiefdom near Maillé, once owing allegiance to Nouâtre. The Lord of La Chetallière had to provide eight days guard duty at the castle of Nouâtre annually.
A deed from 1678 indicates that the manor was fortified with high walls and gun ports to defend the entrance.
In 1614 it was owned by a local squire. By 1689 it was owned by Jean Daguindeau, Provost to the Marshals of France, who was based in Chinon.
The estate was seized and sold as State Property in 1796, after the owner, N du Puy, fled the Revolution and became an emigre.
Today it is just an ordinary grain farm.
We are also on Instagram, so check us out to see a regularly updated selection of our very best photos.