Thursday 30 June 2022

A Big Shout Out

Oops - I did it again yesterday :) so here's a quick post to make up for it.

We were working yesterday. Claudette was full of petrol and looking shiny, and I was ten minutes early picking up our clients. Unfortunately it was at that moment Claudette decided that the fix I applied to her starter wasn't quite right, and refused to start using the button. Luckily I have a very quick and efficient work-around for that, so in no time we were on our way.

Once I reached Loches I dropped the client off with Susan and applied myself to fixing the problem permanently. I have now discovered that it's a two part process - the hard part, which I had done (twice), and the simple part which has to be done first that I didn't know about.


In the end I called in to Garage Langrand, who after 30 minutes of fettling manged to create a long lasting solution. So here's a shout out to them for dropping everything to help me. I didn't take any photos because I was stressing just a little...

At some stage I will have to buy a new starter cable - the problem wasn't the wire that runs through the centre of the cable, it's the windings around the cable that is now so old the clamp won't grip it.  We had a completely different problem with Celestine's starter 12 years ago.

1 comment:

bonnie groves poppe said...

Good that you understand how a car engine functions. I know someone who doesn't know how to get the bonnet open .....
bonnie in provence

Post a Comment