Wednesday 8 June 2022

A Quick Sketch

The other day I got a FaceBook message from Olivier. He's our local graphic designer and print shop owner. I didn't open the message because it was just a link to a FaceBook post. Usually that sort of thing is spam and hasn't been sent by the person it appears to be from. Besides, Olivier and I are both on the committee of AARST, the association set up to welcome and support refugees in the Sud Touraine. There was a meeting coming up so I knew I would see him within 24 hours and could check with him if he'd really sent me something.

Sketch of a barn, Indre et Loire, France. Photo by Loire Valley Time Travel.

It turns out that the message really was from him. He'd done a sketch of our barn from the street and posted it on FaceBook and was sending it in case I'd missed it (I had).

Caricature on paper tablecloth, Indre et Loire, France. Photo by Loire Valley Time Travel.

Olivier sketches constantly. Some part of his brain is always occupied with directing a pen into creating a doodle like sketch. We have another sketch by him, done at a New Year Dinner on the paper table cloth and depicting Simon and our then neighbour Pierre-Yves.

5 comments:

chm said...

Good sketches. What kind of hat do they wear?

chm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

chm: ? I've never seen Olivier wearing a hat.

chm said...

I mean hats in the second drawing!

Susan said...

chm: Neither of them is wearing a hat. It's hair! The joke was they might be twins.

Post a Comment