Friday 10 June 2022

The Hours of Silence.

A couple of months ago I saw an interesting poster at the Carrefour supermarket in the shopping mall Atlantes, in Saint Pierre des Corps. Although I didn't take a photo of it (I was preoccupied), I told Susan about it.

On Tuesday after work we were shopping in Carrefour, and we remembered to take a photo:


The Silent Hour
Every day from 1pm to 2pm
and from 4pm to 5pm


Sound and lights reduced to to accommodate
our clients who have an autism disorder
or prefer a quiet atmosphere

3 comments:

bonnie groves poppe said...

?? Are there a lot of autistic people out shopping? I realize that sounds snarky but its something I am fully unaware of. Not that we all do not prefer a quiet atmosphere. Must be a bit tough to enforce .... I must look at my local carrefour .....
bonnie in carpentras

Susan said...

bonnie: I think it's the equivalent of greenwash. I agree though, in general, quiet in the supermarket is better.

potty said...

The woman at the Self Service checkout at my local Morrisons wants switching off for a lot longer than two hours. She always has the last word by saying 'Thank you for shopping at Morrisons'. I usually wish that she 'has a nice day' - but very much under my breath.

Post a Comment