Friday 1 July 2022

New Transport

When I turned 60 I was going to buy myself an electric assisted bike with my birthday money. Unfortunately, my 60th was at the height of the plague, and money was more necessary elsewhere.

Since then I have been looking for a bike I thought I could justify spending money on. I have a mental list of bikes that might be suitable if seen at the right price. I almost bought one a couple of weeks ago, then Susan's research found the "vendor" mentioned on some scam websites. We went to Decathlon and looked at the bikes, then when the Soldes started last week I noticed that one of the bikes was reduced 200€...

Then: yesterday I was driving around Blois whilst Susan was working, and I spied Decathlon. As I had time to waste I wandered in, and behold - the bike of interest, not only in my size, not only reduced in the Soldes, but reduced a further 250€ because it had been the shop display model.

So now I have an Elops 920e assisted bike. One of the shop staff and I managed to get it in the back of the Cactus by removing the front wheel and handlebars, and we called in on Tim B on our way home to ask if he could reassemble the bike at some stage - a task he performed immediately.

I then rode it home - or rather started to ride it home - from le Petit Pressigny. The first hill is steeper than I remember, it was into the wind and I haven't cycled for 10 years. After 5km I called Susan and she rescued me. A bit embarassing, but a start.

3 comments:

Travel said...

I have rented those a couple of times, in San Francisco to level out those hills.

Carolyn said...

That looks quite spiffy. We wish you many happy assisted kilometers.

chm said...

At first glance, I thought that was the graineterie in the background, then I noticed the trees in the right where a house should be... Neat bike. Did you register for the Tour de France?

Post a Comment