Monday 8 November 2021

The Mairie in Sainte Maure de Touraine

Sainte Maure de Touraine is a town I really only know from driving through. Susan goes there more often, for various Botany Club exhibitions and meetings, but I am really only ever there when they have a car event or I am dodging the Autoroute on the way up to Tours.

I happened to be in Sainte Maure on Saturday, collecting Susan from a Botany Club exhibition, when I noticed how "Very French" the Hotel de Ville was looking. So I took a photo to share.

I don't know what makes a building "Very French", but whatever it is, this one has it in spades.

1 comment:

chm said...

In the old days in small villages with a city hall, the latter hosted the school. Class-room on each side, one for the girls and one for the boys.

Post a Comment