Thursday 18 August 2022

From Descartes to Tournon.

Not a philosophy post, a cycling post.

To justify buying The Vicar I have had to use it (him/her, as you wish). We have a fairly level bike path that runs through town, so most of my activity has been restricted to that, and the roads it runs parallel to. This is my cycling record for the past 10 days:


On Sunday I rode from Preuilly towards Paris along the voie verte. The train from Preuilly used to go to Port a Piles, then to Tours and subsequently to Paris, these days the bike path which now uses the trackbed stops at Descartes.

Yesterday I rode in the other direction, to Tournon St Martin. From there the train used to continue on to le Blanc. There is a bike path that goes to le Blanc, but there is a break in the path of about 5km where you have to go back onto the open roads. One day I will do it, but yesterday wasn't the day for it.

So the map of my last two rides looks like this:


And that average speed of 9.9km/h for yesterday? That's because I fogot to turn my watch off while I was at the swimming pool. Otherwise the figure is 20.0 km/h Average Moving Speed

1 comment:

chm said...

When biking you have a better view of the surrounding landscape than you have when driving a car!

Post a Comment