Saturday 7 May 2022

Planning for July

This week we have been really quite busy, what with an almost full week of work, walking clubs, social activities, and car stuff.

In between times I have been planning for July, looking at walks we might want to do whilst in the Pyrenees. One of those walks starts at a restaurant we ate at last year and walking up the Gaves des Oulettes de Gaube. That means walking around the lake, past the waterfall, and almost to the base of the Glacier. Google maps is wrong, it's probably 2 1/2 hours each way. It's not as steep (or as far) as you might guess, being 6.1km at a steady 10%. I think we will wait for a sunny (but not too sunny day) as the latter part of the walk is unshaded.

I am getting excited about being in the mountains again - but although I love mountains, I wouldn't want to live there.



No comments:

Post a Comment