Friday 10 September 2021

Lives of Medieval Women

Recently I've developed some short tours with specific themes. My friends Gaynor and Lisa very kindly acted as guinea pigs for my practice delivery of the one on Medieval Women.

This one and a half hour introductory tour focuses on the lives of three significant women -- Joan of Arc, Anne of Brittany and Agnes Sorel. Anne and Agnes were typical in many ways, but also extraordinary, through circumstance and personality. And there is no question that Joan was extraordinary through and through. All died young, despite their many privileges. The tour takes place on the Royal Citadel of Loches, where both Anne and Agnes lived for a time, and Joan visited, in the 15C. 
 

Guided tour of Loches, Indre et Loire, France. Photo by Loire Valley Time Travel.
Thanks to Gaynor for taking this nice picture of Lisa and I in Loches, during my Lives of Medieval Women Tour.


2 comments:

chm said...

Was Agnès Sorel born in Sorel-le-Grand in Picardy?

GaynorB said...

Susan is an excellent guide, well researched, clear and with interesting anecdotes. I can thoroughly recommend the tour and the guide.

Post a Comment