Thursday, 20 August 2026

PhotObjectif

Rieja van Aart, a local art photographer https://riejavanaart.ultra-book.com/, recently organised a photography exhibition https://www.lepetitpressigny.fr/medias/association/Flyer_photobjectif_2026.pdf over the weekend just gone in Le Petit Pressigny. Our friend Ingrid de Winter was invited to submit works and we went to support her. There was quite a crowd on Sunday afternoon when we were there, and the quality of the works was very high. The exhibition was a credit to all concerned, and quite remarkable in such a small village (population about 350 I reckon). The venue was the old school and surrounds. I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for over a year, which was really nice, and got to chat briefly with Rieja and her husband Leonard, who I've known for a while. We encountered Ingrid on our way over as she was cycling back home in the heat!

Here are a few photos I took. I avoided taking photos of people and people's works of art out of courtesy to them as it didn't feel appropriate on the day. So you will just have to take my word for it that the exhibition was very interesting and varied.


The exhibition banner.

Photobjectif exhibition banner, le Petit Pressigny, France.


I got very excited as we arrived and I saw someone putting blue cloths out in the sun. Oooh goody I thought, someone is doing a cyanotype demonstration. Ahem...they turned out to be tea towels drying, after doing the lunchtime washing up...
Tea towels drying on a bush, France.


One of the artists was producing works using compost.
Photographic work featuring compost, France.


You can see why I was confused -- someone had done a cyanotype!
Cyanotype, France.


Ingrid is a wildlife photographer, so her submissions are of birds. On the left a crow and on the right a spoonbill.
Bird photography in exhibition, France.


No comments:

Post a Comment