Friday 2 June 2023

A Café Suggestion

A couple of months ago we were in Amsterdam to visit the Vermeer exhibition. We haven't blogged extensively about it because as soon as we arrived home we were knee deep in renovations and a bit busy.

However, this is one I feel we must pass on:

Before we went in to the exhibition we knew we would be in need of a decent morning tea to tide us over - through the biggest collection of Vermeers ever gathered, and on to a late lunch.

As usual I had done my research and decided on Cobra Cafe, which is in a large tent on Museumplein near the museum entrance. Their specialty is apple pie, so that's what we had.


Someone looks pleased with their life choices

4 comments:

Le Pré de la Forge said...

Someone looks pleased? I should coco!!
That's half an orchard in that pie that is!!
Half a flaming orchard!!

chm said...

I’d love to taste this apple pie not the American version of it!

potty said...

I wondered if you might have splashed out on one of the Vermeer brooches (G w a Pearl e or the bird ). I have seen on line from Reijksmuseum, I may have had to settle for a rubber duck dressed in the style!

Ken Broadhurst said...

https://dumplingsandmore.fr/post/appeltaart-tarte-aux-pommes-neerlandaise-recette/

Post a Comment