Wednesday 2 November 2022

On the Horn of a Dilemma

If you've been reading this blog any length time you will know that we visit the mountains in July, and we go to see the Tour de France whenever we get the chance.

Next year we were planning on cementing a tradition in place and once again visiting Cauterets for my birthday. Two weeks before my birthday the Tour de France finishes at Cauterets-Cambasque.

We can't justify visiting Cauterets twice in one month, nor can we justify taking a two week holiday in July.

This photo (taken from the video we made last year because we don't have a better one) shows Cambasque - the car park and tin shed centre-left.


So that's our dilemma. New tradition or TdF? We'll let you know later!


3 comments:

GaynorB said...

I'm of the opinion that having already celebrated 60+ birthdays it won't matter if on this one occasion you celebrate in Cauterets a couple of weeks earlier, and take in the TdF at the same time. If so I'd get in early and book your accommodation or you risk having the decision made for you!
Hope all is good with you both.

Travel said...

Difficult choice,

Mary said...

Simon, I celebrate the entire month of July for my birthday, that way it doesn't matter which day I "blow out the candles "! Do whatever suits you!

Post a Comment