Friday 9 September 2022

The End of an Era

I suspect that the majority of the world's population is like me and has only known one UK Monarch. My Mother was born in 1934 so lived during the reigns of three Kings and a Queen. She was a staunch royaliast, so yesterday's news would have caused her great sadness.

This was one of her most memorable occasions - pictured meeting the Queen in 1977 and shown on the cover of our local newspaper "The Canberra Times". It was later published in Australia's leading monthly magazine, the "Women's Weekly".




* I was right. Apparently 94% of the worlds population were born after 1952

2 comments:

chm said...

Charles III is the fifth British monarch that I have known, so far!
From my point of view, ERII had a lot of courage. Her job was not rosy every day. I wonder how many times she thought of giving up and spend the rest of her life as a wealthy retired ex-monarch. But I guess she had a strong sense of duty... and that was it. Rest in peace ERII.

wally said...

Yes Simon, My Father and Ric made the Geelong Advertiser with the Queen , not as close to the front of the crowd. John

Post a Comment