Monday 26 February 2024

Digging out Stuff

I spent yesterday working on the end wall of our salon. I'm about one third of the way through the first step, which is digging the crud out from between the stones. It has to be at least 30mm deep, and that's a lot of mud, plaster, and stuff.

You can see where I've been working, the section on the right is almost done. It's going to be tricky working near the ceiling, but I'll find a way. It's all been done with a chisel and hammer. I could use the electric destroyer, but I think it would be too aggressive.


The effect we're hoping to end up with is this. Our previous pierre apparent walls were done with lime and red sand. This time we're going to use white sand.


1 comment:

Jean said...

It's hard slog, but when you're admiring your lovely new wall you will forget how hard it was. Possibly!

Post a Comment