Thursday 23 March 2023

The Annual Cowslip Photo

 

Cowslip Primula veris, Indre et Loire, France. Photo by Loire Valley Time Travel.

These photos were actually taken on 6 March, near Le Petit Pressigny, but I just didn't round to posting them until now. I was with the walking group Phoenix en Claise, which meant that as soon as I showed an interest in this plant Fabrice was busy trying to convince everyone it was a jonquil. I'm used to him so I just agreed, but Collette doesn't come out with us often so she was concerned that we didn't know what the plant was and pointed out it was a Cowslip (Fr. coucou). I don't know which pleased Fabrice more -- me joining in on the joke that it was a jonquil, or Collette getting sucked in to disagreeing with him.

Cowslip Primula veris, Indre et Loire, France. Photo by Loire Valley Time Travel.

2 comments:

potty said...

Only recently have I found out that cowslips have an oxlip relative.

Susan said...

Potty: Yes, we get them here too, but they are much rarer.

Post a Comment