Tuesday 10 February 2015

We were going to show you these...

...but never quite knew how!

The first photo should be self explanatory.  Who wouldn't take this photo? (Susan, actually - she had to be told "Quick - photo!!")

The second photo I like without knowing why. No story behind it - I was sitting in a bar waiting for clients (having a post lunch coffee, if you must know...)

The third photo is of a set of suitcases specially shaped to fit in the boot (or trunk, if you must) of a Traction Avant. They are not mine, but I covet them.


We take many photos that seem interesting at the time, but  never show anyone. It suddenly occurred to me that perhaps I should just show them for what they are, rather than try weave them into a narrative.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I'll bet those two suitcases are a price....
I covet something very similar....
a 2CV accessory...
or rather a pair.
They are shaped to fit between the rear valance of the car and the spare wheel...
so come as a left and right...
one is a can for four litres of spare fuel...
the other a tool box...
only about three thousand were made in the mid-Fifties....
most, like those wonderful suitcases will have been junked.

I saw a lone fuel can... 300€s was the FIXED price... no hagglin'!
But what is needed in an old 2CV is a pair!
That would be nearer a thousand... ho-hum!

"rather than try weave them into a narrative"....
yes... rather like most of Walt's posts.
Like the tendrils pix, or the stockyard of their collector neighbour.

Susan said...

I've no idea what these custom suitcases go for, or how many were made for Tractions. You don't see them very often, and even more rarely in such good condition.

Post a Comment