The suitably imposing 19th century Hôtel de Ville (Town Hall) in Preuilly was designed about 1855 by the architect Alcide Créchet as a private house (hôtel particulier) for the Fumey family in the style of a small château in the neo-classical style. It is constructed of tuffeau (soft limestone) on the site of the old pig market. Foreshadowing its current function, Créchet incorporated motifs apparently intended to hark back to the Consulate, the First Empire and the Restoration. Its pediment and fluted pilasters are representative of the 'Preuilly style' that its creator Créchet used again and again in the town. (Another example of the 'Preuilly style' can be seen here.) The bell comes from l'eglise de Notre-dame-des-echelles.
(curved stone external stairs).