This recipe is for all those people, like me, who are operating out of a temporary kitchen, with only a mini oven and no flan tins. It's a simple lunch using supermarket ready prepared ingredients that takes about 20 minutes to prepare, 45 minutes to cook and serves 2-5.
1 packet of ready rolled pizza dough
1 courgette (zucchini)
100-150g poitrine fumée en tranches fines (wafer thin rashers of bacon)
250ml béchamel sauce
50g grated cheese
1 tbsp oil
Pinch herbes de Provence*
Salt & pepper
- Cut the carrots in half lengthways and slice into half rounds.
- Cut the zucchini into matchsticks.
- Thinly slice the leeks.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the vegetables for 15 minutes, seasoning them with the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper, and stirring often.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Lay the pizza dough on a lined oven tray.
- Make folded foil supports for the edges of the dough and gently raise the sides so that the filling won't run out. It doesn't need to be as high as a flan.
- Spread the vegetables over the dough.
- Dollop on the béchamel so it is evenly distributed.
- Cover with the bacon rashers.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and put under the grill for 5 minutes.