Monday 13 September 2010

A Time Machine

In a previous life (when I wasn't being a rock and roll star or a teacher) I used to fix photos for people: give me a rubbish old photo with bits missing and I can make it sparkle again. I still occasionally play around with Photoshop, but now I am more likely to work photos the other way.

For instance, take my uncle and aunt posing with Célestine in 2010and then timeshift it.

Yesterday I said "This is to take advantage of a week of good weather which we are now promised: a couple of days ago the forecast was for continual rain and overcast days, now the prediction is for five or six days of mid 20s and clear skies."

I was wrong. 20 minutes after writing that it started to rain - gently - but rain none the less. At the time Meteo de France said it was sunny. It didn't get sunny until about 17.00 yesterday evening.

Simon

4 comments:

Tim said...

Nice Phottyshop work, Simon, nice!

Diogenes said...

Great pictures - they look like the lord and lady of the manor. The time shifted version looks almost like a 1960s polaroid.

By the way, I liked that Cream video the other day.

Simon said...

Tim thanks. I realised I needed to sort out the shadows, but only after it was posted (maybe I shouldn't have said that, probably no-one would have noticed)

Diogenes. The working title was "polaroid". I don't have any polaroids from that period with me France, so I had to try remember the way they faded. I think I got it right...

I love cream - Susan and I saw then at the Royal Albert Hall in May 2005

Leon Sims said...

What is new, is old again. Yes I know the saying is the other way around but in this case its right. A fine job Simon.

Post a Comment